Sunday, May 8, 2011

Favorites - Week of May 2, 2011

This week I was at the USS Approved release show, so I was thinking about doing my top 5 favourite USS songs.  Then I remembered how hard it is to pick my favourite USS songs, so here is my regular mix of favourites for this week.

5. "Adolescents" by Incubus
Five years since Light Grenades, Incubus is releasing their 7th studio album July 12.  Here is their first single off If Not Now, When? and it absolutely everything I expect from Incubus.

4. "Got To Lose" by Hollerado
Ever since I found their new one take video for "Got to Lose" last week, I've been listening to it a lot.  And I apologize in advance for the lame joke, but this song puts the 'rad' in Hollerado.

3. "Sail" by Awolnation
It might be possible that I've been listening to this song too much recently, but it is, as I said before, infectious.  But plenty new albums are on the way, so I might be able to unstick it from my brain.

2. "Fragile Bird" by City and Colour
This song really makes you want to sing, but of course no one can do it just like Dallas Green.

1. "Damini" by Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker
Really the number one spot goes out to the entire USS Approved EP, but I choose this to represent the EP.  I really suggest you get yourself a copy of the EP, it is only available on iTunes and at USS merch booths.
Warning: You are not going to want to be sitting during this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment